POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : WANTED: Scots pine : Re: WANTED: Scots pine Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WANTED: Scots pine
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 22 May 2002 15:05:26
Message: <3cebebf6$1@news.povray.org>
take a look in p.b.images. I put there an image of a xfrog pine.
I can help you with the xfrog source, if you want it .
But there is a major drawback: the image took more than 300 MB ram
because of the large tree mesh (the needles are triangles).
An old standard xfrog pine needs "only" about 100 MB.
You can see it here:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/24424/?mtop=171932&moff=32
With these two trees combined you should be able to make a whole forest.

Norbert